For podcasts I have two “you should really, really listen to this” recommendation:
- Photography Daily - relatively short episodes with interviews, feedback, etc. I really enjoy this podcast
I also listen to these:
- A beautiful anarchy - David DuChamin discusses the creative side of photography
- He shoots, he draws - it’s a really fun and interesting podcast by Glyn Dewis (photographer) and Dave Clayton (designer). Most episodes are conversations (or “chit chats”) between the hosts where they talk about photography, design and other things. A number of guests have also appeared, some who are wellknown like Joe McNally while others are unknown to most people.
- The digital story - Derek Story mostly photo related news
- The Martin Bailey podcast - personal experiences + some guests
- Photogeek weekly - Don Komarechka focus on “nerdy stuff in detail”
- Photo nerds photography - three professional photographers discussing various things (there haven’t been any new episodes in about 4 months when I’m writing this)
- PhotoActive - various topics, mostly non-gear stuff. Almost abandoned.
- Tiny Shutter - all about mobile photography, mostly iPhone
Before going into YouTube I want to give a recommendation: if you see anything that includes Joe McNally (wikipedia), David Hobby - The Strobist (wikipedia), Steve Simon or Zack Arias you should really watch/read it - you will learn something new !!
There is a huge number of photo channels on YouTube, I have probably only seen a very small percentage of them but my four favorites are:
- Simon Baxter - British woodland photographer
- Sean Tucker - British street/portrait photographer
- Morten Hilmer - Danish nature photographer
- Chris Sale - British landscape photographer trying to become professional
Others that I watch includes - Thomas Heaton - British landscape photographer - First Man Photography - British landscape photographer - Gary Gough - British landscape photographer - James Popsys - British photographer, funny. - Botvidsson - all about lighting and studio photography - Jared Polin - Various news items + some tutorials, sometimes over the top but once you get past that part the content is OK - Matt Granger - Both gear and method, I can also recommend his other channel World’s best seafood - PhotoJoseph - Mostly video related stuff with a lot of tutorials. Focus on Panasonic cameras - Sulanto blog - Finnish photographer. Focus on Panasonic cameras - The Art of Photography - Photography in general - DPReview - Gear reviews - The Hybrid Shooter - Reviews of photography and video gear - Behind The Shot - In-depth discussion of a single photo - David Thorpe - Reviews of various photo gear, mostly m43-related - Gordon Laing - Gear reviews, detailed and a lot of info - Kai W - Gear reviews, usually with a twist - Lok Cheung - Gear reviews - Peter Forsgård - Both gear and tutorials, focus on Olympus - PictProPhoto - John Hagby, Swedish studio photographer, mostly in Swedish